Wednesday, August 13, 2014

                                                               

                                                                Gentle Moon Essentials
                                                                What We Are All About!

Good Morning!  I would like to share with you how Gentle Moon Essentials came to be and where we hope to go.  Helping people feel better is what makes my heart sing.  I will be teaching holistic health practices on my website gentlemoonessentials.com.   We will discuss the benefits of yoga,  essential oils, gentle moon products, acupuncture and more.  We will be offering workshops and even drum circles from time to time.

 I have been  a practicing counselor for many years, treating people with addictions, depression, anxiety and more.  I have enjoyed the experience and have learned a tremendous amount from my clients.

Several years ago it became apparent to me that in the treatment field we tend to over diagnose and over medicate people.  Not that there is never a need for allopathic medicine, because indeed there is and I would be irresponsible if I made that claim.  However, some times the "cure" is worse than the presenting problem and that needs to be honestly looked at.

In 2003 I decided to continue my education in order to bring the knowledge and practice of holistic health practices to my clients.  In 2010, at the age of 50, I completed a PhD in Metaphysics from the American Institute of Holistic Theology, focusing on Holistic Health.  Through this process I brought healing modalities such as yoga, meditation, nutrition, and breath work to the intensive outpatient program I was running at the time.  The acceptance and outcome was excellent.

A little over a year ago, I was invited to be part of the pain management team at Memorial Hermann's Pain Recovery Center.  I was asked to teach therapeutic yoga, meditation and administer acupuncture to the patients struggling with both chronic and acute pain. In this position, I have seen miracles happen!  Although the cause of the pain does not always go away, people who come into the program angry, bitter and in pain,  learn to cope, find courage and learn  skills to give them relief.

I have used essential oils in my life and with my family for many years and know and respect their power if used correctly.  My mother, who suffers with chronic pain from osteoarthritis has found a great deal of relief from using coconut oil and lavender oil by applying it to her joints and muscles.  In my counseling practice I have diffused essential oils, helping my clients relax and become focused on their therapy.

A young member of our extended family was diagnosed at the age of two with a vicious and aggressive form of childhood cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma.  Her family and the community have come together and worked tirelessly on her recovery.  She is now four years old and the medical team has released her from treatment as chemotherapy and radiation are no longer working.  She is now in hospice care.  While talking with her mother a couple of months ago, Raelyn's mom told me that she is in a great deal of pain, and they just did not know what to do next.   If you are interested in Raelyn's story and  would like to help please visit her Facebook page Save Raelyn.  Many of you who know me, have followed her story and offered hope, encouragement and love.  And for that, we thank you.

In order to bring some comfort to Raelyn, I went home and began thinking about what I could offer her, and others who are dealing with the effects of cancer treatment as well as those people  dealing with pain.   I began by creating Tender Touch Lotion.  I used a combination of lotion made with all natural ingredients and 100 percent pure essential oils.  I put together anti-inflammatory oils such as lavender, chamomile, blue tansy and tangerine, then I added an analgesic oil sweet birch.   It worked! From there came soaps,  sprays, dream pillows,  and massage bars.

These products are not made in a factory somewhere, they are made with love and intention in my kitchen.  We have now overflowed into the dining room and my back bedroom.  The drums in my drum closet have graciously, but with a sigh and rolling of the eyes, moved over to make room for the supplies.

I have had some wonderful friends pitch in and help, and the acceptance of the products has been overwhelmingly positive.  I would like to thank Karen Bean, Deanda Thoman, and Claudia Price who have spent days in my kitchen stirring and pouring soap,  filling and labeling lotion bottles and making this a joyful process for all of us.  I would also like to thank my crazy, sweet talented friend Linda Lambert for making our website which will be live very soon.

I hope you will join us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest,  visit our website and come to a workshop or community drum circle from time to time.   Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  Love and Blessings~ Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment